Monday, November 2, 2015

Scream Queen Feature On: Linnea Quigley

                         Scream Queen Feature: LINNEA QUIGLEY
   Linnea Barbara Quigley was born on May 27, 1958 in Davenport, Iowa. She is a model, author, singer, producer, and most well known as an actress. She has been given the nickname "Queen of the B's" for her long career in b-movies. She is also a well known Scream Queen as much of her filmography consists of horror films.


Linnea moved to California in the 70's where she worked at a health spa. While there, her friends encouraged her to pursue modeling. It was around this time that she began taking acting classes and guitar lessons. She appeared as an extra in several films before landing her first acting role in the Charles Band produced "Fairy Tales" in 1978. Her first big role was in 1981's slasher film Graduation Day. She followed that up with Savage Streets co-starring fellow Scream Queen Linda Blair and the highly controversial slasher Silent Night, Deadly Night.

Her status as a horror icon was cemented in 1985 when she took on the role of "Trash" in the cult classic zombie horror film "The Return of the Living Dead". Throughout the rest of the 80's she appeared in several low budget horror films and also starred in the first two Vice Academy comedy films.

Linnea also sings and plays guitar. She formed a band called The Skirts in the early 80's. She has also written three books, two of them autobiographical about her life as a horror icon.

I love the spirit that Linnea brings to all of her roles. She's a joy to watch on screen. She has an obvious love for what she does that shines through in every performance. Her personality comes through in every photo you see of her. She's relatable to me in that she was very shy when she was younger, her words: "I was so shy. I didn't move my mouth, didn't sing in glee club or anything like that, didn't do any plays. I was terribly, terribly shy".

I've always been that way myself but yet I've always had this wild urge to break free of it. I've always felt that I'm a very different person inside than what I've shown the world on the outside. Linnea has shown that it is possible to break free and show the world your true self without hesitation and with unflinching spirit and ferocity. She's a special presence in horror and is 100% deserving of her icon status.

Thanks for reading and check out the various links below for more Linnea! xoxo, Spooky Stephie :)

Linnea's official website: https://www.linnea-quigley.com

Linnea's official twitter: https://twitter.com/LinneaQuigley

Linnea's official instagram: LINNEAQUIGLEY

Linnea's official facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OfficialLinneaQuigley/



2 comments:

  1. Nice post. I did a spotlight on Linnea a while back at my blog. It was less insightful and more smartass. But props to Linnea for sticking by her fanbase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thank you for taking the time to comment. Sorry I haven't been around lately to respond but I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog! I will have to go back and find your post on Linnea. Thanks again!!

      Delete